Present Day Church Building
Sometime in 1909, there was in existence in Aka village of the present day Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria a Church planted by some missionaries led by Rev. Jimmy W. Westgarth who worked with Rev. Samuel Alexander Bill, the founder of QIC.
The First Permanent Church Building
From oral tradition, it was one Esang Etuk (alias Esang Usak) an oil-palm merchant from Ekpuk Nung Akpan Edor (i.e. the enlarged family of Nung Akpan Edor) of Ewet Offot village who, having been attending worship meetings at the already planted Qua Iboe Churches, Aka and Ikot Otong Nsit because of the itinerant nature of trade, brought Qua Iboe Church to his Kins and Kirths in Ewet Offot Village in September, 1909.
Somehow, he was scorned by some of his village people and asked to take his new found Christian faith to his Ekpuk (enlarged family – Nung Akpan Edor). This was how the present location of the Church was donated by Okuku Akpan Afia with the final blessing and transfer of the land to the Mission by the village council of Ewet Offot. With the help of the first converts that included Esang Usak, Alexander Akpan, Udo Udo Ikpe, Mbaba Ikpon, Chief Urua U. Udo, Okon Udo Ekong and John Okon, the first mud and wattle Church building was built by the whole village, but was later set on fire by an unconverted indigene. A second mud-and-wattle building built collapsed in 1930 due to termites attack.
The Church Preachers:
From when the Church was planted in September 1909, our records reveal that 9 (nine) Preachers (7 Men and 2 Women) had broken the word of life from the pulpit to the early converts into Qua Iboe Church faith before 1969.
These were at various times as follows:
1. Okon Antigha (alias teacher) posted by Rev. Jimmy Westgarth
2. John William Okon 1958 – 1965
3. Udo Udoette
4. Ese Akak Sam
5. Asuquo Udo Umoh
6. Effiong John Umoh
7. Madam Akon Ekpenyong
8. Deaconess Nkoyo Bassey:
Also, from 1969 till date, the following preachers have ministered from the pulpit of this Church namely –
1. Elder Jeremiah Robert Uko 1969 – 1973
2. Etuk Essien (Assisting the Preacher) 1971 – 1973
3. Elder Ben Udo Umoh
4. Elder Akpabio Ukpe
5. Deacon E. E. Idiong (Later Elder) 1978 – 1985
6. Evang. Daniel Idio 1986 – 30th June, 1987
7. Elder P. J. Ekpenyong 1st July, 1987- Dec.1988
8. Deacon Udoidiong June 1989 – July 1990
9. Rev. E. A. Ebong 1st Aug. 1990 – Dec. 1999
10. Rev. A. D. Ukanakumoh Jan. 2000 – Dec. 2003
11. Rev. A. S. Etuk Jan. 2004 – 1st Jan. 2009
12. Rev. Gabriel Oton Jan. 2009 – Dec. 2012
13. Rev. Idongesit U. Inwang Jan. 2013 – 31st Aug. 2016
14. Rev. Owoedimo Tom Benson Sept.1, 2016 – Till date
Supt. Pastor/Resident Minister